In 1958 the all new Aston Martin Db4 was debuted at the London Motor show. The engine was a Tarek Marek design, a 3670CC unit with DOHC , producing 240bhp. Aston Martin employed the famous Italian coach builder Carrozzeria Touring for its Supperleggera lightweight Aluminium body construction.
This particular Aston Martin DB4 Series 1 is one of approximately 73 original left hand drive variants built, supplied new in Snow Shadow Grey with a red connolly leather, optional extras included a set of fully chrome road wheels and a continental spares kit. The car retains it original engine and chassis with the gearbox being replaced in 1959 under warranty by Aston Martin as per the works build sheet. Delivered new to the bay area of California, the first owner kept the car for the first 10 years of its life.
The car would stay in California and pass through a couple more owners until 1994 when it was bought by a French custodian end exported back from the USA to Europe. The car has always been maintained well but never restored and represents a very rare original example of the most desirable 1st series Aston Martin DB4 in left hand drive configuration.
To enquire about this car, or for all general enquiries please contact Alex on the number shown below. Alternatively please contact us by email, filling out the form shown and we will respond as soon as possible.
The car is a very honest example of a very rare and sought after first series DB4, being a fantastic candidate for an original driver or a restoration.
The car has been maintained in running condition and starts with ease. The engine bay is tidy and retains it correct and original unit that it was produced with in 1959.
The car is the ideal candidate for either a sympathetic restoration or simply to use as is. The interior boost the original red connolly leather that is consistent with the condition of the car.
One of only 600 T6 cabriolets built in 1961 for the '62 model year. The last owner is a well-known Californian Porsche enthusiast with a large collection, including many 4-cam models, and a museum of rare automobilia.
The DB5 was essentially the next generation of the very successful DB4 with many improvements particularly in power, with the new 4.0 litre version of the Tadek Marek 6 cyl engine developing 280 bhp.
A new 5 speed gearbox and much improved brakes along with many other refinements made this a superb sports car at the time. Introduced in the summer of 1963, only 898 saloon cars and a mere 123 convertibles were built until October 1965, when production was given over to the DB6. The DB5 remains one of the most Iconic sports cars of all time!