An very elegant Phantom II Continental by Thrupp & Maberly featured in the Rolls Royce Phantom II Continental book
Chassis 29TA still wears its original Thrupp & Maberly sports saloon body and is trimmed in blue-grey hides with an exquisite burled walnut interior. Its two-toned blue exterior still features special-order components from new, dual side-mounted spare wheels, a retractable rear luggage rack, a full-size sliding sunshine roof, Ace deluxe wheel discs, a centre driving light, and dual “Wind tone” trumpet horns.Records validate this Rolls-Royce’s participation in numerous concours events, meets, and tours since it was first delivered to its original owner, F. Parkinson, Esq. A documented history of the car validates its significant life, with many decades spent in the forgiving climate of California. Photographs of the car appeared in the esteemed Rolls-Royce Owners’ Club publication The Flying Lady, as well as on page 241 of the definitive publication The Rolls-Royce Phantom II Continental by Raymond Gentile.add to wishlist
To enquire about this car, or for all general enquiries please contact Alex on the number shown below. Alternatively please contact us by email, filling out the form shown and we will respond as soon as possible.
This striking Phantom II Continental is the epitome of 1930's motoring. The striking wing treatment makes this car look very sporty and is complemented by Lucas P100 and duel wind tone trumpet horns.
The car present well and the interior is welcoming. The dash board has an impressive layout of clocks typical of a Rolls Royce's of the 1930's.
The TA series was the second to last and ultimate in development terms of Phantom II and Continental and of the 102 chassis produced within this series, just 15 were to Continental short wheelbase specification
One of only 600 T6 cabriolets built in 1961 for the '62 model year. The last owner is a well-known Californian Porsche enthusiast with a large collection, including many 4-cam models, and a museum of rare automobilia.
The DB5 was essentially the next generation of the very successful DB4 with many improvements particularly in power, with the new 4.0 litre version of the Tadek Marek 6 cyl engine developing 280 bhp.
A new 5 speed gearbox and much improved brakes along with many other refinements made this a superb sports car at the time. Introduced in the summer of 1963, only 898 saloon cars and a mere 123 convertibles were built until October 1965, when production was given over to the DB6. The DB5 remains one of the most Iconic sports cars of all time!